I was recently interviewed on one of my favorite podcasts, The Entrepreneurial Musician! I've actually blogged about this show before, because I think it's an amazing resource for professional musicians trying to make a living in the current world.
My conversation with the host, Andrew Hitz, was quite honest, so I wanted to share the episode with you. I've done lots of interviews before, but this one struck me as a really great one, because the host has a knack for sussing out the right questions, getting to the heart of each issue, and highlighting important points.
Here's a smattering of things we covered:
- Being yourself, for better or for worse
- The three traditional paths for classical musicians (and why they weren't for me)
- How I got my first gig
- Being a perpetual college dropout (and return-er)
- Patreon vulnerability and lessons
- My obsession with career/business coaches
- Time management tips